I’ve spoken about cordial-making before, and wanted to share with you a few of my most recent batches, and their basic recipes.
Damiana is a flowering herb that I am quite fond of in both flavor and effect. I’ve already rhapsodized about her beauty on this blog.
Damiana Love Cordial – a Basic Recipe
- Play some sexy music and set the mood. (optional, but encouraged)
- Fill your jar of choice half-full with damiana. Add any other herbs that make you feel tingly, happy, and naughty. Some suggestions are rose petals, vanilla bean, honeysuckle flowers, horny goat weed, muira pauma…
- Add booze! In this case, I used a good quality, clean-flavored vodka. Fill the jar up to the top!
- Close jar, swish to mix it all together, and put into a dark cabinet. Shake it occasionally.
- Six weeks later, strain the mixture, and squeeze the liquid out of the herbs. Add the herbs to your compost.
- Make a sugar syrup, or honey syrup to sweeten. The cordial in the picture above was done with honey, hence the near opaque quality of the delicious nectar!
This keeps for a good long time, and only gets better with age. Enjoy with a lovely person and have a spectacular time of it, won’t you?