I’ve spoken about cordial-making before, and wanted to share with you a few of my most recent batches, and their basic recipes.
Damiana is a flowering herb that I am quite fond of in both flavor and effect. I’ve already rhapsodized about her beauty on this blog.
Damiana Love Cordial
1. Play some sexy music and set the mood. (optional, but encouraged)
2. Fill your jar of choice half-full with damiana.
3. Add any other herbs that make you feel tingly, happy, and naughty. Some suggestions are rose petals, vanilla bean, honeysuckle flowers, horny goat weed, muira pauma…(more aphrodisiac herbs listed here!)
4. Add booze! In this case, I used a good quality, clean-flavored vodka. Fill the jar up to the top!
5. Close jar, swish to mix it all together, and put into a dark cabinet. Shake it occasionally.
6. Six weeks later, strain the mixture, and squeeze the liquid out of the herbs. Add the herbs to your compost.
7. Make a sugar syrup, or honey syrup to sweeten. The cordial in the picture above was done with honey, hence the near opaque quality of the delicious nectar!
This keeps for a good long time, and only gets better with age. Enjoy it with a lovely person and have a spectacular time of it, won’t you?
Need herbs? These guys are a great source for organic, sustainably harvested herbs. <3